I have been working with children on and off for over 25 years. I started babysitting when I was 12 and worked as a part-time nanny while in college. I started my home daycare in 2012. I have two wonderful boys and a great husband.
I take child care related workshops and courses and my first aid/CPR is kept up to date. I am always looking for ways to improve my program so I can give your child the best possible care.
I truly believe that children learn best through play, both structured and free play. This is why Valerie's Playhouse is a play based program.
My wonderful daycare children call me Auntie Valerie.
- St. John Ambulance: Lifesaver + CRP Online course - 2020
- St. John Ambulance: Lifesaver + CPR - November 2018
- St. John Ambulance: Standard First Aid + Level C CPR + AED - September 2016
- CCPRN:Independent Home daycare Consultation - March 2016
- Time out for Time-out in Early Education Programs! - January 2016
- Social-Emotional Learning & ECE Program Culture: How to facilitate resilience and inclusive culture - December 2015
- Come on In! Directors and Teachers Can Use Rituals and Traditions to Create Community! - December 2015
- The Great Disconnect: What We Know vs. What We Do in Early Education - November 2015
- Infants and Toddlers Making Meaning: Reflective Teaching and Learning with Children Birth through 3 - September 2015
- CCPRN: Boom to Bloom (6 workshops) Press Here for a bundle of fun, Building a vocabulary rich curriculum, Fun of colours, Read to succeed, Loving your language, & Injury prevention. - May 2015
- CCPRN: Certificate of Appreciation - May 2015
- Screen Use for Children Under 3: Research-Based Guidelines For Screen Sense - May 2015
- Early Childhood Program Business 101: Basic Business Planning for Growth and Sustainability - March 2015
- St. John Ambulance: Lifesaver + CPR - issued September 27, 2014
- Licensed Home Child Care Network of Ottawa: ELECT In Action - October 2013
- Mothercraft of Ottawa: "Dynamite" Circle for children - 2013
- CCPRN: Room to Bloom - April 2013
- CCPRN: Early Learning for every child today (E.L.E.C.T. Document Training) - November 2012
- St. John Ambulance: Lifesaver + CPR - FD - issued November 12, 2012